My quest to design and build a mid-engined sports racer from scratch. It will comprise of many newly fabricated components along with repurposed parts from other vehicles such as the 2.5 Turbo engine from a Volvo 850 the running gear from Mazda Mx5 and the driveshafts from a sierra xr4x4. The body work is the only thing I have purchased and even that will be extensively modified and a complete front section made from a mould. Wish me luck.

Sunday 27 March 2011

Tonight I took some measurements and cut the drive shafts to length which allowed me to arrive at a final overall rear wheel width of 1818mm.  I'll get the shafts welded up tomorrow.


I also started making some engine mounts, the plasma cutter doesn't like 5mm plate much.  I got one engine mount plate done though.  To save time though I think I'm going to try and get hold of the OEM mounts.

Starting the chassis is drawing ever closer.